The Combat Restraints System was developed to enhance soldier
safety during mission accomplishment and in crash situations. They
are also intended to be used in various “off road” vehicles as well.
Designed to withstand harsh environments, the restraint system
uses a rugged military style buckle and metal components which
offer easy cleaning and maintainability. The two piece breakaway
will not snag on gear or present an issue with an occupant’s arm
getting caught in the “V” of a typical three point harness. These
restraints are a derivative of the highly successful Improved
HMMWV Restraint System (IHRS) developed for the U.S. Army.
They address the occupant safety needs of personnel operating and
being transported within military tactical and combat vehicles as
well as off road vehicles by:
- Rapid donning and egress design.
- Easy to find and use even while wearing gloves.
- No snag hazards.
- Remove and stow straps quickly.
- Higher strap retraction spring rates.
- Longer straps fit outsized occupants and over extra gear.
- Easy open buckle with either hand or with hand injuries.
- Buckle rotation limiters.
- Buckle adjuster for battle gear.